Over the last years, the French Motorsports Federation (FFSA) has placed at the center of its priorities the preservation of the environment for all its disciplines and championships. Discover all the different actions that have been set up!
This demarche is noticeable during the Rally France-Alsace where, from year to year, the organizers retouch the layout in order to improve it. These efforts are even more obvious since 2010, when the carbon footprint has been established to determine the impact of the Rally on the environment. It was made clear that the spectators’ movements, and the racing teams’ activities, represented 90% of the CO2 emissions for the 2011 edition.
On June 11th 2012, a “Chart for an Eco-Responsible Rally” was signed by the French Motorsports Federation and the seven local authorities, committing themselves in favor of an exemplary Rally in terms of greenhouse gas emissions. The FFSA leads and finances different local and concrete actions in Alsace (following local authorities’ propositions), which are worth 120 000€, in order to compensate the Rally editions’ uncompressible carbon emissions.
On the field, during the duration of the Rally, the environment preservation can be perceived through the following actions:
- Waste-sorting on Public Areas and service Parks
- Recovery and treatment of the fluids and special equipment in the service Parks (competitors’ waste: oil, coolant…)
- Incitation to carpooling with the spectators, as well as the routing of the thousand volunteers and marshals on the different sites of the Rally
- Use of Citroën C-Zero 100% electrical for the reconnaissance of Strasbourg SSS1 on Thursday, October 4th
- Protection of sensitive environmental zones by forbidding them from the public
You too, be a part of this effort, and adopt an eco-responsible behavior!