Every week, up to the Rally France-Alsace 2012, we will introduce each special stage, decrypted by the Rally’s General Manager, Dominique Serieys, and with the help of the organization stage managers. This week, Massif des Grands Crus – Ungersberg’s special stage (SS9-13).
- Saturday, October 6th
- 18.26 kilometers
- 1st car due: 1st loop 08:38 – 2nd loop 14:38
- Number of Course’s Safety Marshalls: 55
- Number of Public’s Safety Marshalls: 127
The first half is in the vineyards on a narrow, tricky section. After the Blienschwiller village, the crews will take a new route going round the upper part of the vineyards with uphill hairpins followed by a narrow downhill section to join the Roman road; they will go back onto the 2011 route with the spectacular passage past the Nothalten fountain and then the climb up to the Ungersberg, finishing with a downhill run near Albé.
The opinion of Dominique Serieys, Rally France-Alsace’s General Manager:
- Description: «First special stage of this third day. The toughest of the Rally, to my point of view. A quick beginning, an all-new section at the Blienschwiller village, with a few delicate and exposed sections, the sequel of the stage goes through Nothalten, goes up to the Ungersberg massif to finish its course with a forest road which, depending on the weather, might create some tricky moments…»
- Public Areas (ZP): «In this stage, there are several access points and a few enjoyable Public Areas… My preference goes to ZP17, which is located on top of Saint-Pierre-Bois, at the D323 and the forest road intersection. But the Public Areas around Epfig – Blienschwiller’s ZP2, ZP3, ZP7, ZP10, Nothalten’s ZP10, and ZP16 – are just as interesting. There are many possibilities to access them and parking areas are very close. »