Every week, up to the Rally France-Alsace 2012, we will introduce each special stage, decrypted by the Rally’s General Manager, Dominique Serieys, and with the help of the organization stage managers. This week, Klevener’s special stage (SS12-16).
- Saturday, October 6th
- 10.68 kilometers
- 1st car due: 1st loop 11:45 – 2nd loop 17:45
- Number of Course’s Safety Marshalls: 48
- Number of Public’s Safety Marshalls: 101
Back to the plain. This special stage, which is 800 meters longer than in 2011, runs along the Klevener vineyard. Start from Bernardswiller, with a quick run to Goxwiller, followed by a climb up to Heiligenstein on a road alternating tarmac and concrete sections, very spectacular with different changes of direction, then a double run thorough Gertwiller to the finish in front of the railway lines.
The opinion of Dominique Serieys, Rally France-Alsace’s General Manager:
- Description: « This special stage is one of the shortest, but has the particularity to go through the Klevener vineyard; which makes it very interesting, with very narrow sections, mixed with fast roads and spectacular direction changes. »
- Public Areas (ZP): « Without any hesitation, I advise the ZP8 and ZP9 near Gertwiller, because it is the only two Public Areas where we can see the competitors twice during the same loop. Located in the middle of the fields, there are very spacious and everything is set to spend it all day. Great other Public Areas are nevertheless as much interesting: ZP2 and ZP3-ZP5. The first one with a 90° left turn at Goxwiller; and the second one very close from the ZP5, with many direction changes and different types of roads which should be fun to watch. Finally, the ZP6 with the right hairpin turn after a quick uphill run and a short braking, at the Heiligenstein village which overhangs all the stage and will be able to welcome you in the best conditions. »
A word from Laurent Lecomte, organization stage manager:
« I have been responsible for this stage, with Daniel Paris as an assistant, for the past three years. It’s a great pleasure for us to be part of this organization. This special stage takes place in an amazing frame, in the middle of the Klevener vineyards. I would like to thank all the winemakers, which have proved their sympathy many times by welcoming us in the greatest conditions, and by facilitating our work. »