Every week, up to the Rally France-Alsace 2012, we will introduce each special stage, decrypted by the Rally’s General Manager, Dominique Serieys, and with the help of the organization stage managers. This week, Haguenau’s super special stage (SSS19-22).
- Friday, October 7th
- 5.74 kilometers
- 1st car due: 1st loop 11:16 – 2nd loop 14:37
- Number of Course’s Safety Marshalls: 62
- Number of Public’s Safety Marshalls: 104
For the third running of this very special stage in the home town of the 8-time World Rally Champion Sébastien Loeb, Haguenau has innovated with almost three laps of a longer stage! A new section has been added in the South; and, with an additional 1.5 km, the numerous spectators can enjoy a wonderful spectacle.
The opinion of Dominique Serieys, Rally France-Alsace’s General Manager:
- Description: «It’s the last downtown special stage. This one is very special because it is linked to the eight-time World Rally Champion. It’s very likely that, when Sébastien Loeb enters his hometown, he will be crowned, or almost, for the ninth consecutive time!! It’s certainly going to be amazing… This year, the special stage is a bit longer and the competitors will go through the Strasbourg Bridge before coming back to the initial layout. The show will be incredible, as well as the public, so don’t miss it!»
- Public Areas (ZP): «Given the layout, the spectators will have many choices, with the numerous Public Areas. My advice: go to ZP2 and ZP3. The first one is wide and long: spectators will be able to see the cars several times. The second one is smaller but we can see the vehicles passing through a few times without moving. The ZP4, ZP5 and ZP6 also have a large public capacity, with divers sections, consisting in fast intersections, chicanes and the finish line…»