We’ve already proved it: Rally France-Alsace 2012 is an Eco-Responsible Rally. However, the steps taken by the organization team go much further and are instilled in the daily gestures of each of us. Discover the efforts to be made in terms of alimentation!
The way we eat, by adopting the right reflexes, can easily be agreeable and useful for the environment while preserving our health and the ones’ who accompany us. Here are a few leads.
The local lead:
By consuming products from the Alsatian territory, you will favor the short distances and permit to lighten the transport effect on the environment. Transports are indeed responsible for almost a quarter of the world’s greenhouse gas emissions linked to fossil energy combustion, and also generate rejection all along the vehicles’ lifecycle.
The good news is that Alsace, with its Baeckeoffe, Kougelhopf, Gewurztraminer or even Bibeleskäs abounds with specialties as delicious as their pronunciation is difficult!
You also have the possibility to adopt good reflexes by choosing meals which contains less carbon. According to the ADEME (a French Agency for energy and environment), the following aliments emit, on average, carbon on very different levels:
- 1 000 kg of fish emit 430 kg in carbon equivalent
- 1 000 kg of shrimps emit 1 500 kg in carbon equivalent
- 1 000 kg of pork raised in battery cages emit 825 kg in carbon equivalent
- 1 000 kg of beef emit 6 640 kg in carbon equivalent
- 1 000 kg of veal emit 8 269 kg in carbon equivalent
- 1 000 kg of chicken raised in battery cages emit 1 322 kg in carbon equivalent
- 1 000 kg of free-range chicken emit 640 kg in carbon equivalent
We’ll let you draw your own conclusions, depending on your own beliefs and environmental convictions!